Thursday, December 6, 2012

Tiffany's Family
Our Favorite Memories of Mom and Dad
(aka Mormor and Bestefar)
 
Tiffany:  One of my favorite childhood memories is the Christmas where we went to Norway as a family.  I wish I could remember every detail from this trip but as I have gotten older the memories have become clouded.  I vaguely remember staying at Bestemor and Bestefar's house, visiting Turid, watching Hans get a shot of insulin, dancing with Uncle Olav, visiting Uncle Melvin, and going to some celebration at Erlandsen's home.  Although I have forgotten a lot, one memory from this time that has not faded was the morning we began our trip with Mom and Dad saying "Wake up children!  We are going to Norway!"  That moment of excitement for the immediate journey was priceless for us children.  Thank you Mom and Dad for such a wonderful memory!  Merry Christmas WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!! 
 
 
Jason:  I remember asking for Tiffany's hand in marriage.  It was a great experience for me to realize the support of Mormor and Bestefar.  Since then, we have had great opportunities to get together for many family events.  We have enjoyed Disneyland, Lagoon, Chuck E Cheeses, Kangaroo Zoo, and many other fun visits.  I appreciate their kindness in providing canned foods and garden produce and just making good memories for our family:  Backyard slip and slides, picnics, and marshmallow roasts, lots of good cooking, including fun Norwegian food. Its' all good!


 
 
 
Caitlyn:  There are 4 things that instantly make me think of Mormor and Bestefar...#1 Norway, #2 Disneyland, #3 Red Lobster (not that I have ever eaten there...but they make it sound delicious), and #4 Shirley Temple.  I remember when I was really little Mormor and Bestefar gave me Snow White toys and books, and I still love these things.  I remember sitting and watching Disney movies and Shirley Temple movies with Mormor and Bestefar.  I always love looking at their Norwegian decorations in their home and I think it is funny when they are speaking in Norwegian and I can't understand what they are saying...except when they say "ost", "du verden," "tusan takk," or "sof got"...I'm sure these are not spelled right, oh well.  Anyway, love you Mormor and Bestefar...or as you would say "Ya Elsker Day!" 
 
 
 
 
Aubrey:  When I was little I remember going to Sizzler with Mormor and Bestefar.  I remember Mormor showing me the shrimp and I tried it and found out that I love shrimp!  I also remember Easter at Mormor and Bestefar's house.  I love doing Easter egg hunts in their backyard.  I especially love memories of Disneyland with Mormor and Bestefar.  I remember going on Splash Mountain with Mormor and my mom and sitting in the front and getting soaked!  I also remember going to Lagoon with Mormor and Bestefar.  Bestefar and I went on the BAT ride and the Ferris wheel together.  I also remember eating the corn dogs that Mormor packed for lunch, yummy!  I love you Mormor and Bestefar!
 
 
 
Jase:  I remember going to Disneyland with Mormor and Bestefar.  I remember going on the Peter Pan ride.  I remember going to Sea World with Mormor and Bestefar and touching the starfish.  I also remember seeing sharks at Sea world.  I liked going to Chuck E Cheeses with Mormor and Bestefar and playing all of the games.  I love to watch all the Disney movies they have at their house.  I like to eat the chocolate pie Mormor feeds us.  I love Mormor and Bestefar!
 
 

Brandt:  I remember going to Disneyland with Mormor and Bestefar.  I remember the Tiki Room and the Small World ride.  I remember the Ferris wheel ride at Disneyland that had Mickey Mouse's face on it.  I remember eating corn dogs at the condo in California.  I like having sleepovers at Mormor and Bestefar's house I like watching Robin Hood at their house.  I like the swing set in their backyard.  I loved going to Chuck E Cheese's with Mormor and Bestefar.  I love Mormor and Bestefar!
 










 
Zachary:  Mormor and Bestefar are nice.  I liked playing at Disneyland and they come-ded.  I like playing with the ball thing at their house.  I like watching Robin Hood at Mormor and Bestefar's house I like eating cereal at their house.  I like-ded when they come-ded to our house.  I like-ded playing Jumanji at their house.  I love Mormor and Bestefar!
 
 
 
Megan:  This is Tiffany commenting for Megan.  I remember Dad walking laps with me at Aubrey's soccer practice when I was 9 months pregnant trying to get my labor going, unfortunately nothing happened that day and Dad had to head back to Utah.  I remember being very overdue and Mom patiently waiting here in Idaho with our family until finally the morning of June 28th, 2011 my water broke and within a few hours Megan was here!  I remember Jason tricking Mom and the kids making them think we had a boy and then seeing the look of surprise on Mom and the kids faces as they saw HER for the first time! 
 




2 comments:

  1. Nice, but not fair. You have a whole gang of contributors.

    ReplyDelete