Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jeff and Kathleen's family


Mom and Dad,

We sure love the time that we get to spend with both of you. You are wonderful grandparents for our children.  They love you, and they know that you love them too.  We love how you know each of them individually, and that you have a personal relationship with each of our kids.  It is fun for Kathleen and I to see little traits that our children have that remind us of each of their grandparents. 

In addition to being great grandparents, I have to say that you are wonderful parents as well.  I learned the value of work growing up in your home.  When I feel tired of working, I remember seeing Mom constantly working around the house doing housekeeping and staying on top of her church callings.  I remember Dad coming home from Welfare Square on the bus, changing his clothes, and heading out to deliver pizzas.  I didn't recognize it then, but now as a Dad I recognize the wonderful sacrifices that each of you made for all of us. 

Thank you for helping me gain a testimony of Jesus Christ, of His atonement, the Book of Mormon and the restoration of His church and priesthood.  I remember be awakened with Dad's loud, deep, chant like "SCRIPTURES-SCRIPTURE TIME".  I remember laying at the foot of your bed as we read scriptures, Mom and us kids laying in the bed, Dad sitting in his work clothes in the chair.  I first started memorizing scriptures during those times, not out of some deep desire to remember the verse, but because I wanted to know what line to listen for so I could awake and read my assignment.  But that time planted in me a desire to know, and now as I call my family for scriptures I think of those experiences.  Thank you for planting the seed deep, and for preparing the soil so it could grow. 

We love you, thank you for being "goodly parents".

Jeff, Kathleen, Benjamin, Lily, Grace and Olivia

1 comment:

  1. Are you happen to be descendants of Haakon and Joseph Tessem?
    -tore (tore.foraas@ntebb.no)

    ReplyDelete